Yesterday I spent about four hours working in the sewing room and it was heavy lifting type work! I moved probably 20 tubs, mostly yarn but some quilting projects. I moved two racks that hold wire baskets and got them set up.
I’m probably not going to work in there today but maybe tomorrow. If so, I MIGHT be able to move enough yarn tubs to get the cutting table positioned where I want it. I’ll be able to stack 8 tubs under it and I think that will give me enough room to get a sewing machine set up!
I think there are three stacks of four boxes in the safe room. I believe that’s all fabric and I have a place to put that. I want to empty those boxes and then I should be able to stack at least 12 totes of yarn in there. That will still leave us plenty of room to have a couple of chairs in there, pillows, blankets, flashlights and snack food (freeze dried fruit, yogurt bites, etc. and water). Hopefully, we won’t have to run down there this spring . . and really hopefully we won’t end up stuck in there. Right now, there’s just a regular door on there but Vince wants to get a safe type sliding door that would be easier to open if there’s debris in front of it. Oh goodness . . I don’t even want to think in those terms but in this area . . it’s reality and part of being prepared.
Vince put a Singer 301 in a cabinet for me before he left and I think I might have a spot for that and maybe my Bernina too. I may be a bit optimistic but by the weekend I’m hoping to be able to make some project bags for the cross stitching projects.