Maybe I should change my plans to two stitches per day instead of two rows.
This morning I was in my chair way before daylight, had the stitching in my hands . . it went downhill from there. But, that’s ok . . it was all fun stuff.
- I decided to make caramel – simply pour sweetened condensed milk into jars, use the sous vide, get a spoon and eat the generous amount of residue left in the can . . simple but it has to cook for 12 hours and I wanted ice cream with caramel tonight.
- I looked at the floss that’s been arriving and decided it needed organizing. I have a list of floss that I need so every time I order something, I add the floss . . it’s usually about a dozen skeins and when it arrives, it just gets piled on the sofa table til I take the time to put it where it goes. That happened today.
- Several patterns have arrived – five of which came from a friend who no longer needed them and I love them all so I ordered floss for two that I want to make soon.
- I fixed lunch – heated the ribs and made corn/cream cheese and a salad.
- Vacuumed the upstairs.
- Brought two loads of clothes up from downtairs. I had opened all the boxes while Vince was here so he could get rid of the boxes and had piled all the clothes on the sofa downstairs. I bring up a load every now and then, hang them so I don’t end up with a giant pile upstairs.
- Broke down boxes – things have been arriving. I needed a new kitchen trash can, kitty litter and Boots food . . that stuff comes in big boxes.
- Folded a load of laundry (maybe two) that had been dumped in a recliner a couple of days ago.
Now – 3:30 p.m., I can start stitching! I really had planned to take a nap but I’m not going to do that. Too late and I’d rather stitch.
How is it possible that it has taken me most of the day and I’ve accomplished so little?