I went to the walk in clinic this morning and got the best news – no unpacking for at least a week!
The last few days I’ve been having pain but not really in my back – more in my side and the side of my back. I felt sure, based on the way it felt, that it was as UTI. I’ve avoided going to the doctor since Covid but didn’t want to go into the weekend feeling bad, especially if it was a UTI so I went to the walk in clinic closes to the house (and the donut shop!)
Besides leaving friends behind in Texas, the only other reason I felt bad about leaving is that I really, really loved the PA that we see at the walk in clinic there. I am happy to say that I liked the lady I saw here to just as much and I liked the setup of the clinic, and the support staff way better than the one in Texas. The PA I saw told me she’s just started canning, they have a big garden, she just bought a 12 x 20 greenhouse and is getting that all set up. She actually lives closer to Chad than she does to where we are. Of course, they have land. I mentioned that we had been on keto and were going to do it again and she said “Now you’re talking my language” where too many medical people are against it and when it’s done in a sensible manner, I just don’t see how anyone could be against it. The PA we used in Texas loves it – his daughter, who is also a PA, has lost a ton of weight on it.
Anyway . . she told me that muscles were so tight and all the pain is muscle spasms so . . lay off the unpacking for a few days. She didn’t have to tell me twice! I got a shot. She was going to give me muscle relaxant pills and I told her no . . I won’t take them. Anything that makes a normal person sleepy would cause me to sleep for a week. I don’t need that. I’ll sit and do nothing and I’ll get better.
Addie is coming for the weekend. We have choices:
- We can spin! I’m not going to say anything to her about the possibility of spinning and see if she notices that the spinning wheels have been used. I’ll let her ask about using the wheels.
- We can crochet. I’m making a couple of crochet pumpkins and I think I could get her started with making a chain and single crochet if she wants to try it.
- She’s bringing her bicycle, though I have a feeling it may be too cold to ride this weekend.
- We can color. I have a couple of adult coloring books (because they’re intricate – not because it’s adult content). She wanted to color in those and she wanted to use gel pens. I color with pencil colors and didn’t want gel pens in my coloring book so I bought her a similar one that isn’t quite so tedious and she can use whatever she wants to use in that.
- I bought Halloween cookies (all you have to do is bake) so I know she’ll want to bake cookies.
- She wants to go eat Mexican so we’ll probably do that tomorrow. My preference would be tonight since I have on decent clothes already but I don’t drive after dark and I don’t think we’d have time to do it this evening and be home before dark.
She probably has other ideas about things she might want to do so we’ll stay busy. By the time she gets here, it’s really just all day Saturday and about half a day Sunday that I have with her.