One of the things I like about being at the Missouri house is . . there aren’t many obligations there. I can sit and visit with Addie or knit without having so much to do. Once I unpacked what was in my car, and put it away, there was nothing else that had to be done . . well, after the peach jam as made.
This morning I got up and . .
- Watered tomatoes, peppers and pumpkins.
- Cooked breakfast – scrambled eggs with peppers and onions, flour tortillas, bacon and grits.
- Cut the okra. I’m getting anywhere for 1/4 to 1/2 of a five gallon bucket per day.
- Rinsed the okra and cut it up, put it on trays and put it in the freezer. Once it freezes, I’ll put it in ziplock bags to await a turn in the freeze dryer.
- Packed 5 boxes (which is my daily minimum number).
- Washed two loads of clothes.
- Helped Vince clean out the car.
- Made bread.
- Took the okra out of the freeze dryer. It ended up being 6 quarts.
- Changed the oil in the freeze dryer.
- Cooked dinner (Pork Tenderloin Masala).
At the end of the day, after having only packed five boxes, I was feeling like I should go get more packing done but then thought about everything else I had done and decided it was ok to spend the rest of the evening knitting.