A day or so ago, I saw a recipe on Facebook and it looked so good I could hardly wait to make it.
I really didn’t follow a recipe but here’s pretty much what I did:
- Boil some pasta. The original recipe called for penne but I only had bowties so I used those. I probably used about 1 cup of cooked pasta and the pasta can be cooked al dente because it’s going to cook more with the veggies.
- Add about 2 T. butter and 4 T. olive oil to a skillet.
- Add 2 T. chopped garlic and 10 chopped basil leaves. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add about 1-1/2 cups each of sliced yellow squash and sliced zucchini.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup of dry white wine and simmer til the wine has cooked down.
- Add in about 12 whole basil leaves and 2 cups of chopped tomatoes. The recipe called for Romas but I had a ton of grape tomatoes so I used those.
- Heat for about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and top with parmesan cheese.
It was really good and I’ll be making it again.