I’m so predictable. Here’s my time line:
- February – I’m planting seeds in containers so they’ll be big enough to plant in the garden when the time is right.
- March – I’m sitting out in the garden making my plan about what goes where.
- April – Hounding Vince to get the garden tilled up.
- May (or late April) – We’re planting! I’m so excited
- June – It’s hot and dry. The weeds are taking over. The grasshoppers are eating everything. Bugs! Where did they all come from?
It’s about this time of year that I start questioning why I ever wasted the time and money to plant a garden. Within the next two weeks, I’ll be promising Vince I’m never planting a garden again!