After finishing the last UFO, I wasn’t feeling any real direction as to what I wanted to work on next. Starting a shiny, new project is always exciting but with so many projects I love, and would love to finish, I decided to grab another UFO and work on that. The next project that begged to be worked on was Vince’s Arkansas River sweater.
I need to work about 15″ from the bottom edge before starting the next colorwork area. What I’m planning to do is work the solid gold til I get to the next colorwork section and then put this aside and work on something else for a while. This one is something Vince will love but it’s kinda boring for me to work on and since it’s a much larger size than what I knit most of the time, every row take a long time and there’s not a lot of progress to see.
All that mindless stockinette knitting is great for watching football, having family discussions, etc.
Things don’t always go like I plan for them to go but my plan with this project is this:
- Get it to the point of working the next colorwork chart;
- Before I go back to MO, get that colorwork section done;
- While in MO, finish knitting the top body and the first part of the sleeves;
- At some point in MO, find a few minutes of quiet time and do the sleeve colorwork;
- Finish the sleeves while in MO.
So, by late spring or early summer, I could have this one finished.