Addie loves the Raddish Kids kits she has received. They come about once a month and some of the older kits become available for individual purchase. Each kit comes with activities and anywhere from 25 to 30 pages of “lesson plans” for the things you can talk about as you’re cooking and learning about different foods, along with a “tool” of some kind. For some of the older kits I’ve ordered, I’m not even sure what the tool is because I can’t find it listed anywhere and I’m not going to open Addie’s packages.
I’m not sure if I’m not the one more excited about these kits than Addie may be but I love cooking and since it’s something most of us need to at least know how to do, I am hopefully she will develop a love of cooking or, at least see the value in creating yummy meals.
I’ve bought the following ones for her and have them here. I will wait to bring the Halloween one to her til closer to that time next year but when I go, I’ll take a couple of them with me so we can do them.
- Spooky Kitchen from October, 2018. We just missed this one but the recipes include Boo-nana Bread, Haunted Hummus & Pita Chips and Jack-O-Pot-Pie. Everyone raved about that pot pie and since our membership started just a couple of days after this kit went out, I begged and they let me order one of these.
- Native Harvest – Recipes include Cranberry Crostini, Savory Corn Pudding and Maple Pumpkin Pie. The tool is a pie server. This is from November, 2018.
- Fall Potluck – Recipes include Apple Turkey Meatballs, Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread and Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese.
It’s been a couple of months since they’ve added any of the older kits to be purchased and this morning I received a notice that they had added some so I bought these three.
- Fireside Feast – Recipes include Baked Denver Omelette, Zucchini Fries, Cheesy Chili Mac. The tool is a whisk and this was originally shipped in January, 2018.
- Hometown Diner – Recipes include Rosemary Focaccia, Cozy Minestrone Soup and Hot Cocoa Cupcakes. The tool is dry measuring cups and this one is from December, 2018.
- Food is Love – Hearty Greens Caesar Salad (may have to wait til Romaine lettuce is more readily available), Layers of Love Lasagna and Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes. The tool is cupcake liners and this one is from
- Greek Feasts – Recipes include Lemon Rice Soup, Chicken Souvlaki Skewers and Spanikopita Bites. The tool that comes with this one is a pastry brush and it was originally for May, 2018.
- LeFrench Cafe – I went back and ordered this one separately after I realized it has the Croque Monsieur Sandwich that everyone raved about. Other recipes include Build Your Own Nicoise Salad and Chocolate Dipped Cream Puffs. The tool is a rubber spatula.
I can hardly wait to see her and we can cook together!