Yesterday, the roast beef sandwich on the jalapeno bagel turned out perfect! It was as good as I had hoped it would be.
I’ve already told you enough about how to make it that I’m quite sure everyone could make it but here’s a little recap:
- Jalapeno roll or bagel. We used bagels and they were great – just a hint of jalapeno but not hot at all.
- Mayo – I mixed mayo and horseradish since we were using roast beef.
- The meat – It can be turkey, ham, roast beef – whatever you want.
- Avocado – I had storebought guacamole so I used that.
- Cheese – At the deli, they use pepper jack but I saw a package of sliced Swiss in the fridge so I used that.
- Potato Chips – it needs to be the kettle kind since they are thicker and will remain crunchy. I used jalapeno kettle chips.
- Bacon – cooked.
I toasted the bagel, spread the mayo mix on both buns, heated the roast beef, put the beef on one, added a slice of cheese and then stuck that under the broiler to melt the cheese. Add the chips, the bacon and and the guacamole. Top with the top half of the roll or bagel.
The soup was Pioneer Woman’s tomato soup. Super easy and always delicious!