I think I mentioned this recipe the other day after a friend (Thanks, Marcia!) shared it on Facebook but I haven’t reported back since I made it.
First, when you click on the link, don’t be confused by the photo. There are tomatillos in the pictures but they aren’t needed in the recipe. They’re in the salsa verde but I’m not sure why they’re in the picture because I thought, and others thought, we needed tomatillos to make this. You don’t.
I kept waiting til I took a picture and never remembered to take a picture. That’s what happens when something is so delicious that I can’t wait to eat!
Don’t depend on my directions . . go to the recipe, but here’s how simple it was, especially with my home canned chicken.
- Open a jar of canned chicken.
- Shred chicken with a fork (or fingers)
- Dump the chicken in a pot.
- Dump the broth from the jar in the pot.
- Add a can of chicken broth (because I already had some broth in the jar).
- Add a can of green enchilada sauce.
- Add Half & Half or heavy cream.
- Add salsa verde.
- Add cream cheese (I used 8 oz.)
- Add grated cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
It’s that simple! Vince loved it. I really couldn’t stop eating it but these are the flavors I love.