Tonight while reading Ambah O’Brien’s newsletter, she was discussing the “Me Made Challenge” and redefining the wardrobe. One book she recommends, The Curated Wardrobe, is free with Kindle Unlimited. You can read about the challenge over at So, Zo’s blog.
As you know, I’m not at home yet, have been gone for a week and it will still be a few days before I get home. This trip, I’ve been to one stop for two nights, another stop for three nights, and back to the first stop for four nights.
I will be home for about a week and then will leave again for two weeks. Since I’ve been such a homebody for so long, I’m having to learn more about packing/traveling. So far, I’ve learned:
- Jeans take up a lot of room in the suitcase and they’re heavy!
- Being somewhere that’s warm, then somewhere that’s cool, then back to somewhere warm, means short sleeves, and long sleeves and back to short sleeves.
I’m not officially joining the “Me Made Challenge” because I’m still losing weight. I should say . . once I’m done with the next trip, I’m going back to being committed to the keto diet. I’m not making anything, other than the sweaters I already had planned, til I get to a weight where I will stay but my plans for the wardrobe are:
- Clean out the closet. I will donate anything I will probably never wear again (like things that definitely require ironing!) Jeans that are in good shape I will probably box up an dstore because I know that I have a tendency to gain weight . . though I hope that doesn’t happen.
- Once I’m an at a sustainable weight, I’m going to make or buy lightweight pants that are comfortable and do not take up so much room in a suitcase – definitely wash, dry and wear type clothes. I will probably stick with navy, black and dark gray.
- Make shirts/sweaters that go with any of those clothes. I can so easily make tops that are cute, inexpensive to make, wash and hang to dry.
Maybe it’s just spring cleaning, or the weight loss or maybe a wardrobe makeover is just way overdue.