This is the test knit I’m working on . . it’s Dashi Hooded Sweater by Amba OBrienand I’ll be sure to let you know when the pattern is released. It had optional pockets but I’m not doing the pockets.
The front edges curl back because (1) it doesn’t have the front bands added yet and (2) it hasn’t been soaked and blocked. Of course, it didn’t have sleeves done yet but one sleeve was finished last night. Hopefully, today I’ll get the other sleeve finished.
I’m not going to do the front bands until I get a zipper that will work. I’ve ordered two and neither are anywhere near the right color. I’ve ordered two more that should be here next week. If they don’t work, I’m going to do a button band with buttons and buttonholes or maybe some kind of toggle type buttons.
Here’s a view of the back. The edges of the hood will also have some kind of edge stitching to keep it from curling but that will be done at the same time I do the front bands.
By the way, I was able to crank in a couple of inches on the dress form. She’s getting smaller too! 🙂