My UFO for February was Sunset Highway. I did get the main part finished and last night, I got started on the sleeves. There was already one skein of yarn wound so I decided to split it into two skeins for the sleeves and not have to wind another skein. I figured I could get both sleeves out of one skein of yarn. But, wound, look at the difference!
I figured the center of the left skein might be darker or the center of the right skein might be lighter but I hand wound those so I couldn’t pull either from the center.
I ended up having to wind another skein and at least the outside matches the smaller ball. I’ll use the outside first and work towards the center and hope to get matching sleeves.
The yarn is Madelinetosh Pashmina and while I like Madelinetosh, I sometimes get frustrated with mismatched skeins, no dye lots – which is normal for a lot of indie dyers and I really don’t like that Madelinetosh does not provide a weight on their skeins. It’s hard to compare when substituting yarns.
I should be able to get these sleeves knocked out pretty quickly. and hope to have this done by mid-March. I know . . it should have been done by the end of February but it wasn’t.