Several have asked and I kinda miss it myself so beginning Friday, I will start doing the “Knitting Report”. Like before, you can link up with your own blog post. Yours can be about what’s on your needles, what you’ve finished, what you’ve given up on, what you’ve found that you want to make, yarn you added, yarn you want to add — anything knitting related.
This is the format I will try to use for my own reports but you can tell us about anything you want to tell us about – knitting related. If you don’t have a blog and want to share a picture, use one of the photo sharing sites and include a link in the comments. Comments with links are held for moderation but that’s just to keep bad guys from sharing links that none of us want to accidentally click through . . it does happen!
Here’s how I anticipate doing my report each Friday:
Patterns I Added:
- Deandra – Not sure what yarn I’ll use for this one but I think it would be really pretty with a tonal yarn.
- The Queen Susan Shawl – Something I will probably admire forever and never knit. It calls for “thread” for the yarn and 7,000 yards . . but it was a free pattern and it’s gorgeous.
- Bosc Pear – I have a couple of skeins of yarn that would work for this and it was another free pattern.
- Pavement – It’s a lightweight pullover and something that should be pretty useful here.
- Madelinetosh Twist Light/ Color: Yoko – 4 skeins to make Pavement.
Yarn That Arrived:
- Juniper Moon Findley. The two greens are to make Elizabeth Shawl. The tan and brown are to make Whiteout and the pink is to make Astrid’s Rosebud Shawl.
2. There are 8 skeins of Malabrigo Rios in Sandstorm to make Veronika Cardigan.
3. Four skeins of Malabrigo Mechita – 2 each of Arco Iris and Impressionist Sky. These are to make Aurora Borealis.
Projects I Worked On:
When Nicole was here, she picked out three skeins of yarn from my stash and I chose three skeins and we both started Drachenfels. We actually started a different shawl but we couldn’t talk and knit that one so we switched to Drachenfels which doesn’t require so much attention. I’m almost to the point where I’ll be using less dark gray and more red and it’s going to be so pretty!
Knitting Plans for this Week:
- I would love to finish Drachenfels by Friday’s report.
- I would love to finish Reciprocate. I only have about 10 rows of solid knitting and then the bind off so it’s possible I could at least make some good progress on it by Friday.
- I would like to make some amount of progress on any pair of socks that’s been sitting around for too long.
OK . . that’s the format I will plan to use for my report. Hopefully it will keep me somewhat accountable as far as yarn buying, sticking with projects til they’re finished, and finishing up some long neglected UFOs.
Anyone with me on this?