The question this week:
Write about 5 quilters who have influenced your “quilting world” and how they did so. These do not have to be “famous people”. They can be anyone who influenced you attitude towards quilting.
My answers .. and these are the first that came to mind:
- Bonnie Browning – I met Bonnie when she first asked to use one of my quilts in one of her border books and we spent a little time together and she encouraged me to send a book proposal to AQS.
- Alex Anderson – When I was getting more and more confident using the internet, I came across Alex Anderson’s Message Board. I met so many wonderful folks there and it truly changed my quilting “community”.
- Bonnie Hunter – Though I’m not a scrap quilter, Bonnie has had such a positive influence on the quilt world during our day. She’s a wonderful, friendly person but also a real celebrity in the quilting world.
- Ava Lea Broussard – She was an elderly lady who worked in the quilt shop where I first learned to quilt. She took me under her wing, invited me to her home for lunch at least once a week and her love and shared her love and enthusiasm for quilting!
- Diane Gaudynski – Her gorgeous machine quilted feathers inspired me to learn to do them, though mine will never look like hers, but I love quilting feathers.
Which 5 would you name as influencing your quilting through the years?