Sometimes, it’s all about the blended flavors. Some of the individual ingredients in this dish may not sound so good, but combined, this is one of my favorite chicken dishes. It suited our diet without changes but it’s served over pasta and that doesn’t work on our diet.
There were tofu noodles in the ridge and even though tofu isn’t on the Paleo plan, given a choice between gluten and tofu, we chose tofu.
4 Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T. minced garlic
2 – 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup Italian olives, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 T. capers
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
canned anchovies (as many as you want), drained and mashed with a fork
salt and oregano to taste
Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil, brown chicken.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute til clear and beginning to brown a bit.
- Add capers, olives and tomatoes. Cook, stirring til heated
- Add pepper flakes, and anchovies.
- Add salt and oregano to taste.
- Serve over pasta (or tofu pasta).
Spoon the chicken mixture over the pasta, sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese.