I kinda feel like this has been a slow knitting week but it hasn’t really. I’ve knitted a lot — just doesn’t seem like a lot to report.
- Celie Sister Shawl – My friend, Amy, sent me a link to this one and I think it’s a lovely shawl.
- Saki Slippers – I want to make these . . maybe some for Christmas gifts.
- 1001 Nights – This one has “double nupps” and I don’t have a clue what a nupp is but I’m going to find out.
- Amitola Lace Shawl – Another Anna Victoria pattern.
Zero yarn added this week. See . . I can do it! 🙂
Projects I Worked On:
The second test knit is almost done. It isn’t due til December 1. It’s such an easy, but yet fun knit. I’m able to knit on it in the evenings while visiting with Vince. I’ve been working on the beaded shawl a bit during the day when it’s quiet and then going back to the shawl in the evenings. I’ll probably have it finished by the end of the weekend. I think you’re all going to want to make one! 🙂
I made a little progress on Shieldmaiden Shawl.
It’s a pretty shade of light blue. It will look so different once it’s soaked and blocked but first . . it has to be finished. There’s a good chance I can have it finished by the end of the weekend . . depending, of course, on how much knitting time I get.
Knitting Plans for this Week:
- Finish the test knit.
- Finish Shieldmaiden.
- There are several projects for Addie that need just a couple of things – a vest needs buttons sewn on and pom poms; the striped sweater needs to be soaked, blocked and buttons added. I need to get those finished. It’s sweater weather in MO already.
I have my next project planned . . a black lacy shawl. Once I get the above three things done, I’m going to start that. Not sure which pattern I’m going to use but one thing for sure — it will have beads!