October already! We’ve had a few days with highs in the mid-80’s, with lows in the upper 50’s. It feels like knitting weather. Even though I knit all summer, it seems right when I’m sitting in my chair knitting, looking out and starting to see Fall and knowing that I won’t melt into a puddle of sweat the instant I walk out the door. I know . . upper 80’s isn’t exactly cool but when just a few weeks ago, we were having 115°+, the mid-80’s feels great. Of course, it’s Texas and we have a day or two in the mid-80’s and then a day or two near 100. Hopefully we’ll have less and less of those 100° days.
It looks like a lot of patterns and yarn added, and I suppose it is, but it’s because I have gone bonkers of lace knitted shawls with beads. I truly had about zero lace yarn in my stash. Many of the patterns I love called for gradient dyed yarns and silk yarns and I had neither of either. “Neither of either”? That sounds weird but . . don’t worry. I think I’ve resolved the issue and now I have plenty of many! 🙂
- Avix – I saw one of these that someone had made. I will make mine a little shorter, since I’m pretty short.
- Mojito – No, I didn’t buy this one just for the name but I do love mojitos.
- Bluebonnet Shawl – No, I didn’t buy this one for the name either!
- To the Heart of the Mountain – Another Anna pattern.
- Morning Star Lace Shawl – Another Anna pattern.
- The Make Peace Cowl – Free til 10/7.
- Fugue in Mosaic Minor – I love the border.
The first yarns came from Yarnies of Texas (Etsy). This lady had a retail yarn shop in Abilene and I went there a couple of times. She’s since closed her shop and is dying yarn and selling it on Etsy. I didn’t think my yarn looked a whole lot like the yarn pictured. This is the picture I ordered from:
This is the yarn I received.
I’m not disappointed. I may even like the one I got better. The second one is just as different from the photo and her shipping was quite a bit higher than other places I’ve shopped.
Another Etsy seller where I bought gradient yarns is WendysWonders127. I’m very happy with her yarns.
Another one from Wendy’s.
Honestly, there’s been an insane amount of yarn that came in this week. I have an excuse . . don’t I always? I had no silk yarn and very, very little (like 5 skeins) of silk blend in my stash and every pattern that I’ve bought and even more that I’ve fallen in love with . . they mostly all do better with silk yarn (structure/beads). It’s probably just my warped way of thinking but I keep thinking that once Vince retires, my yarn buying days are probably over. Or, maybe just greatly curtailed. You know how I am . . if there’s something I want to do, I want all the supplies I could ever want. So . . here’s just a bit more of the silk yarn that arrived this week. These are all Dye For Yarn’s Tussah Silk.
Projects I Worked On:
- I did finish the test knit but I can’t show it yet. Soon I hope.
- I did finish Addie’s sweater — still didn’t find any buttons. I need to take that with me next time I go to town and see if our little sewing shop might have some.
- I did the first clue for Apparition. Next clue got released this morning but I haven’t even looked at it yet. It should be out by now . . probably sometime after midnight last week.
- I’m working on Chart 3 (of 6) on the There and Back Shawl.
- I did sign up for another test knit . . an amazing multi-color wrap.
Knitting Plans for this Week:
- Stay up to date with the clues for Apparition. Another clue comes out on the 9th. She’s keeping us busy!
- Get started on the new test knit as soon as it’s released.
- Work on There and Back in between the test knit and Apparition.
If you’re doing a knitting report and want to share a link here, please do it!