For those suggesting we just take some time off and wait . . we do not have that option. The house we’re currently renting is not really a rental, but simply a house for sale that the owner agreed to let us rent for 6 months. We thought we’d have no trouble being out in 6 months. What were we thinking? We had hoped we could stay longer but we cannot stay here past February. He wants to get it back on the market and I don’t blame him. For some reason, it takes at least 2 months to close on a house here. And, chances are we’ll have to build a sewing room for the sewing stuff and the longarm, and also build a shop for Vince so we cannot wait til the last minute to find a place. We have 5 months left in the rental. We have to look every day for a house and we have to think outside the box — just like trying to get the tracts that weren’t for sale over the weekend. There was a chance it would have worked. You never know til you try!
There seriously are no rentals so moving into another rental here just isn’t going to happen.
While I appreciate the advice to sit back, lay off a week, take a break . . we cannot. We’re just not the type people who would enjoy living in the back of our cars and that’s where we may be if we don’t find something, close and get moved by mid-February.