There was a time when I wouldn’t keep anything .. not a single thing . . out on my kitchen counters. I love the kitchen that I have now but look at all the “stuff” on the counters. The top picture has too much “stuff” to even name and it all pretty much needs to stay there. In the bottom picture, I see:
- Bowl of fruit . . where else would you put that?
- Phone . . it doesn’t HAVE to be there but it’s convenient. I think I’ll move it.
- Food Saver . . I love that thing and am not moving it. I use it almost every day.
- Cuisinart . . I use it a lot too but I could probably stick it in a cabinet somewhere. I think I’ll do that.
- KitchenAid Mixer . . not going anywhere. It weighs a ton and I use it a lot.
- Coffee Pot . . I never touch it but Vince uses it every day so I’ll allow him that one little thing.
My favorite house of all time was my purple house:
I love everything about that house! We’re not always lucky enough to get to design our own house though. In the kitchen I had two pantry closets, each with a double bi-fold type door. There was countertop in each closet with electric plugs and I kept all my appliances in there and just closed the doors when I wasn’t cooking.
Darn it . . I miss that purple house!
OK . . life goes on. I no longer live in a purple house in Louisiana. Bloom where you’re planted, right? Yep, I can bloom right here.
Did you notice that pie sitting in the middle of my stove? Maybe you didn’t! It’s ok . . here’s a better picture of it. Take a good look! That’s a homemade pie crust . . top and bottom! Let’s see if that gets me the Good Wife Award! It’s strawberry rhubarb and . . the first time I ever made a strawberry rhubarb pie. In fact, it’s the first time I ever bought rhubarb. I didn’t even know if you were supposed to peel it before you use it. Was I? I did because I figured what could it hurt if I did and shouldn’t have but if I should have and didn’t . . well, that could ruin my homemade pie crusts! Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie is Vince’s favorite. Yep, I see a Good Wife Award in my future! You gotta admit that’s a pretty pie!
With all the cooking and cleaning going on in the kitchen, look who’s feeling just a little left out.